Just thought I would post an update because it has been so long.
It was a lot of very hard work and sweltering hot conditions. We got all of the through hulls complete with the new hose arrangements for inlets and outlets. While painting the anti-fouling coats on the bottom, Dad got a good dose of solvent which made him a nervous wreck. I also got exhausted a few times in the process.
Today, almost all of the painting is done The topsides are finished and new decals were put on. They did a really good job with the painting. There is just a little bit of masking off the boot stripe and bottom paint touch-ups.
Tomorrow, we will be expecting rivets for installing new tangs onto the mast. The old tangs were not of the right angle to hold the support cables. after the tans are installed, The shipyard personnel are going to use a boom-truck to lift the mast so it could be bolted down. There still is a problem with the spreader lights though.
We also got some of the other odds and ends worked out. the autopilot course computer was relocated from the engine room to the galley so that it would not overheat. In the process of re-wiring the autopilot, the wiring problem was also fixed. Even though the autopilot is twenty years old, It works!
I also thought I would post some pictures of the progress.