Work is almost complete!

Standard

Just thought I would post an update because it has been so long.


 

It was a lot of very hard work and sweltering hot conditions. We got all of the through hulls complete with the new hose arrangements for inlets and outlets. While painting the anti-fouling coats on the bottom, Dad got a good dose of solvent which made him a nervous wreck. I also got exhausted a few times in the process.

Today, almost all of the painting is done The topsides are finished and new decals were put on. They did a really good job with the painting. There is just a little bit of masking off the boot stripe and bottom paint touch-ups.

Tomorrow, we will be expecting rivets for installing new tangs onto the mast. The old tangs were not of the right angle to hold the support cables. after the tans are installed, The shipyard personnel are going to use a boom-truck to lift the mast so it could be bolted down. There still is a problem with the spreader lights though.


We also got some of the other odds and ends worked out. the autopilot course computer was relocated from the engine room to the galley so that it would not overheat. In the process of re-wiring the autopilot, the wiring problem was also fixed. Even though the autopilot is twenty years old, It works!


I also thought I would post some pictures of the progress.

IMG_20140604_133907_417

New paint job and decals from back.

New paint job from side

New paint job from side

 

 

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Work is almost complete!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s